Thursday, December 17, 2009

GERMANY! ---- DAY 1, DAY 2

This is the start of the life of Raimie in Germany translated and edited(ALOT) directly from the original, one and only, one of a kind, special edition, unique copy of 'My Diary'...sounds cool... but it is actually a journal which all students who participated in the exchange have so that they can record all happenings during the 2 week long stay in germany compulsory to be written...IN GERMAN! But dun worry, since this is the translation, it will be in English.


DAY 1
At the airport, i was like looking...so these are the ppl im gonna spend the nxt 2 wks with...EH why all girls de. 6/20 guys? Thn i was on quiet mode alrdy although we played cards haha. The moment the plane lifted frm the ground, i felt a sense of lightness in my heart matching the lightness of my body..free from the entanglements, free from the commitments, free from sth called homework..I exclaimed to myself- I'm finally free!!! No la jk. I was super scared of going to germany...still afraid tht i was gonna get kidnapped or sth LOL. DONT LAUGH!
When we arrived in Germany, I smelt my first nostril-full of european air...eh why smell the same de? jus tht abit colder haha. Thn we took a bus to the sch and thr we met our babies we had waved goodbye to 4 months ago whn they were in singapore.

Nici's house was as big as how he described it to be whn he was in singapore...4 levels, one basement(my room and toilet here!). The house was so big tht thr was a ringing thing to signal to the ppl in the house tht its time to go or sth lol.
After having breakfast with NIci's(MY PARTNER!) family and unpacking my stuff, Natalie(Nici's sister's partner) and Nici and I met up with Jan+Richard(friends) and we went to an old castle and climbed to its top. On top, it was freeeezing and it was hard to breathe. After taking some pictures, most of the boys came to Nici's house for table tennis...right beside my bed LOL. Thn they were like: wah ur room, ur bed so big! Lol thanks nici!

In the afternoon, me+Nici, Nat+Ari, Lucas+Lukas(haha what a pair) and Clare+Issy went to an ice-skating rink! Ari drove at 180km/h sia super fast lehh(for the first day only...stay tuned to find out the record!). The last time i ice-skated was 5 yrs ago and i paid the price dearly T_T. After having 7 or 8 HARD and PAINFUL falls, i finally gt the hang of it(means i finally can dont fall not tht i can skate smoothly lol). Then thr was this small german boy i think see me so noob in ice-skating keep coming and swerve in front of me always LOL. Thn after i started stopping(well nt exactly an oxymoron, but still not bad :D) the falls, i decided to get my revenge and avoid letting him do it anymore. HAHA and i succeeded whn i finally was the one swerving into his path although it was only once LOL(miraculous achievement!). It was super fun haha although my right shoe was tied too tightly and i had a deep cut lol.

Then at night, we went to a club for Jan's birthday celebration and I played pool for the first time!(hahahahah alicia) It was super fun but i didnt pocket any balls. all miss zzz. After tht we came home and here I am writing. Plain water here is carbonated - imagine sprite without sugar haha. Having troubles understanding and conversing in german. MUST start catching words and MUST start talking =x.


Dunno who so pro...dun need wear long sleeve shirt sia!! wah my idol!



CASTLE




WHEE on top of castle also got slide seh!








ICE SKATING




No more photos of ice skating paiseh...first day mah...too paiseh to take too many photos LOL.
What a surprise, its kinder surprise! i didnt think i would see this agn ever since joy came along to replace surprise lol.

yay! another toy to add to my collection!
DAY 2

This morning sth funny happened during breakfast. I was biting a slice of tomato and suddenly the juice frm the tomatto squirted out to my right! i turned to look and shit! the whole of ariane's(nici's sis) left sleeve was stained with tomato juice LOL! thn she still didnt realise and was talking abt sth...so i didnt noe hw to tell her sia haha =x. Now like so funny..bt at tht time i was really embarrassed ==, keep spamming sorries lol duno wat to do haha. after breakfast, nici's father wanted to bring us for a spin in his car. i was like okay...till i knew tht his car was a porsche! I was like Cool nvr rode on 1 of those b4...till he drove at 250km/h max on the highway! haha super fun lol...b4 going he still ask me whether i was scared or nt coz i was at the front sit LOL. Thn nxt we went all arnd the house and the garden...and my estimated size of the hse just gt doubled lol. At abt 1pm, me+nici cycled to the soccer court to play with jan+richard, leo and some othr germans. WAH cycling during winter is VEBRRRRRRRY cold. like my whole body shivering while cycling lol. And the germans are REAL gd in soccer lol. their legs super fast haha..ic why sg cant make it to the world cup le, hopefully they will 10 yrs frm nw lol.
In the evening, Lucas+lukas and clare+issy came to the hse to bake! haha we helped shape the cookies and do some jam-adding and we had great fun haha. Now as i write this journal im enjoying one of the cookies lol. At night, all of us met up with gregor+warren and all of us went to a christmas market. It is like a pasar malam bt only opens during the christmas season. some of them also have heaters so ppl can keep warm while eating or drinking stuff haha.
Abit later, we went to play bowling lol. hahaha at the start i keep missing sia and i was last in place thn lucas keep suanning me. But suddenly i started hitting some pins down and the last round i got a strike! haha and in the end i beat lucas to make it, to the 2nd laast place! great achievement. Thn my turn to laugh at him LOL. My german speaking and understanding is slowly but surely getting better! i can feel it!!! jy raimie!

Check the car out!






First time helping to bake!



GARDEN



No comments:

Post a Comment