Thursday, December 3, 2009

What is a homework?

I´m supposedly on a great holiday in a foreign country, but somehow, i cant seem to enjoy myself, something all the way back at home is bugging me, like a pebble in a shoe, a mosquito bite on a leg, an itch which cant be scratched because everyone is looking at u whn u r on the stage. Whaz is this tht is soo great? yeah u guessed it, every Singaporean student´s best friend, homework.

My homework is at home collecting dust while i am 6000+ miles away enjoying something foreign, neglecting the stuff at home. So, I´ve decided to sever all ties with my homework and not think about it all the way until 14dec whn i reach home. Yes! im a free man now! haha

Let me tell u all sth funny. on last saturday, whn i first arrived, i didnt understand nici´s mother´s german becoz she spoke crazy fast. so all the qns she asked me during breakfast, i was like saying yes, yes, yes. Thn before i knew it, before me were a plate with 3 eggs, a container of yoghurt and a bowl of cereal. So in the end, i ad to eat till i was super full becoz i didnt want to offend the mother by not eating what i "wanted" to eat. full till cannot walk properly zz. So i told myself i must understand the german of germans properly soon to avoid sth like this again. and now, im proud of myelf! at least 80% of wat ppl say i can understand le haha.
Its gettin colder by the day, hopefully it snows before the end of this exchange. Nici is great, patient with me despite the disappointing speed i speak german at, unlike one or two other hosts who just speak english to their partners. haha im learning the german slangs, but no matter how hard i try also they dun sound natural, unlike the way the germans say the slangs themselves. Nevertheless, i will persevere, by the time i go home, can master at least a few slangs le. I´m quite lucky, coz nici´s sister, ariane is also in the exchange and her partner, natalie, jc 1 this yr, has gone for this exchange last yr and her german is very good. so she is my translator and she also helps me haha. i think if she not with me i every dinner for the 1st 3 days also need eat till full lol.

kk i go le. still alive, dun worry (:. have fun guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment